top of page

The History
of our Churches

Shared Origins

Braoch Stone.jpg

The Inchbrayock Pictish Stone.

Now on permanent display in Montrose Museum, the stone was carved around 900 AD. It was found in 1849 in the kirkyard of St Braoch's Church. We know that there was a church there in 1243.

There are also records of churches at Usan in 575 AD, and Boddin in 750 AD.

Different churches have come and gone but there has been a continuous Christian presence for over 1500 years.

Dun & Hillside Church

 Old & St. Andrews Church

Melville South Church

Inchbrayock Church

bottom of page